Take the latest bout as an example:
- I started feeling bad last Tuesday.
- I was out of the office for a week with what the doctors (plural!) described as a cold with flu like symptoms. I had everything a good cold delivers, from a sore throat to weakness and muscle pains.
- Still feeling less that great but half healthier rather than half sick, I went back to work on Thursday.
- On Friday we had ourselves a bus expedition from work. I suspect the bus air-con didn't do me well.
- As of Friday night I am back to feeling properly sick. As these words are typed, there is no conclusion to this sickness on the horizon.
On the positive side, my wife has been taking care of me (at the cost of working even harder), and even the toddler allowed me to have a rest in the middle of the day instead of playing with him. It's all very nice and certainly makes me realize how much I love the people I live with. But hey, viruses, I got the point; please let me get on with my life.
Image by JD Hancock, Creative Commons license