With the pending doom of my current employment, one source of comfort is the act of daydreaming up my fantasy workplace. The place the will combine everything I love the most into something others can enjoy while earning me money, too.
I even thought of a name: “The Hummus and the Pita: Abou Gadro’s Place of Warship”
The Hummus and the Pita will offer the following core services:
- We will be serving our customers the best dish ever, hummus (consumed with the avid support of pita bread).
- We will be serving our customers quality coffee.
- Customers will be able to enjoy their hummus & coffee over public discussions on matters of technology and the Internets.
- Customers will be able to put their learning into use.
The above should explain the choice of a name, but in case you didn’t get it:
- “The Hummus and the Pita” is designed to sound like your average English style pub name, i.e., two silly nouns connected in a manner that makes no real sense (e.g., "the crab and the juice").
- “Abou Gadro” gives both Arabic flair as well as a scientific one. That goes well with hummus.
- “Warship” hints at the possibility of taking part in MMOs such as World of Warships, while suggesting that hummus and coffee are addictive to the point of worship. What seems to be a spelling error acts to attract further attention.
To clarify: the above was written in a burst of whim and should not be taken seriously. Once I do lose my job I will put on my suit and tie, like all good boys, and beg for my part in the job interviews scene.