How do I know Christmas is coming? Because of incidents like this.
This morning I was noted for being relative alone in not having Christmas decorations on my office desk. (Screw those, I say; I’m the only one with Mass Effect decorations on my desk, and I know who wins in the comparison between the Normandy and Santa’s sledge. Even without having its guns calibrated.)
As a result of this notation, I was challenged by a surprised colleague: “What, you don’t believe in Christmas?”
I answered by simply asking what belief in Christmas entails. After a notable pause, the reply I got was a rather silent “Santa”.
So, for the record, let me point the following out:
- I have no idea what believing in Christmas means. Not just for heretics like me, but even for Christians.
- I definitely do not believe in Santa.
- I do, however, believe in winding down.
- I certainly believe in taking time off work, especially when everyone takes time off work together.
- And I believe in making the most of this off time together with family and friends.
Image by HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error, Creative Commons license