I am referring, of course, to the news regarding liquid bomb related plans on UK flights. We have all the mess going on with Israel to disrupt our shattered travel plans, we really needed some balance with the English side of things.
Needless to say, I don't see what the fuss is all about. On a plane, 10 kilometers up there, even the slightest of fires will cause a crash; and to generate that fire all one needs is a bottle of duty free vodka and some matches. You don't need sophisticated liquid explosives.
But the results are there already: For now, flights out of the UK will not allow any on board luggage, period.
Not even my precious PDA will be allowed on board. Just the agony of thinking how it's faring down there, smashed between all the suitcases, is enough to agonize me throughout the flight.
Not to mention my other toys, like the upcoming Toshiba Gigabeat S60 MP3 player. It just arrived to Australian shores and sells for $550 (circa $500 post duty free), and although it is inferior to the Creative Zen Vision M in many respects (no radio recording, no Divx support, shorter battery life, and worst of all - inferior sound quality) it does have a few advantages, the most notable of which is some extra gigs in the form of 60gb of storage. That's enough for all my CDs and then some.
With all that's been going on -
- The medical stuff I've been going through lately, which just seems to get worse and worse;
- The situation in Israel;
- The resulting stress, which affects me enough to blur my vision and cause me migraines;
- The big disappointment of not seeing my family while fully realizing that at my parents' age I will not see them many more times;
- My mother driving me crazy with guilt because we're not about to visit Israel;
- And now this mess with flights to the UK,
Just let me go for a few days up to northern Queensland and relax by the Great Barrier Reef.